Confirm your age. Are you 18 or over?

Tuesday's Premier Division action review

By David Watters

With the top three in the EVO-STIK League Premier not in action on Tuesday night, it was a chance for the chasing pack to make up ground, writes Pitchero's Steve Whitney.

And both Grantham Town and Ashton United did just that to move into fourth and fifth place respectively.

Granthan enjoyed a good 3-1 win at Keys Park against mid-table Hednesford Town.

The Gingerbreads were gifted a 25th minute opener courtesy of a Reece King own goal. Five minutes later, Lee Shaw put the visitors two-up. Check Steele reduced the deficit 11 minutes into the second half but a second from Shaw in the 79th minute settled the points in the visitors` favour.

Ashton overcame inconsistent Matlock Town 3-0 at Hurst Cross.

The home side got off to a great start when they were awarded a seventh minute penalty for a foul on Liam Tomsett by Matlock keeper Phil Barnes – Matty Chadwick duly converting the resulting spot-kick. Loanee Jack Dyche doubled the home side`s lead right on the stroke of half-time, and Tomsett made it game over with number three just seven minutes after the restart.

Stourbridge are back up to seventh after a comprehensive 4-0 win at Coles Lane against botto-markers Sutton Coldfield Town.

Luke Shearer gave the Glassboys a great start with a goal inside the opening four minutes. Kyle Perry added a second after 37 minutes and then Aaron Forde in the 73rd and Josh Cooke in stoppage time rounded things off.

To make matters worse for Sutton Coldfield, second-bottom Rushall Olympic followed up last Saturday`s Buildbase FA Trophy win at Nantwich Town by winning in the league for the first time under Liam McDonald.

And the Pics had to come back from being a 35th minute Brad Abbott goal down at Silverlands. Danny Waldron equalised just two minutes after the break and then experienced and much-travelled striker Richard Brodie added a second just past the hour-mark.

A 57th minute Kieran Morris effort eventually proved enough for Stafford Rangers at Marston Road against Barwell, while Kieran Weledji gave Whitby Town an early seventh minute lead at Mickleover Sports, only for Evan Garnett to equalise in the 19th minute. Andy Dales scored what proved to be the winner a minute before half-time.

Coalville Town moved up to twelfth in the table after a 3-2 win at fourth-bottom Halesowen Town.

Steve Towers had the Ravens in front after 13 minutes, only for Ethan Jones to respond 11 minutes later. A Dan Creaney penalty restored the visitors` lead in the 33rd minute, only for Daniel Udoh to level once more for the Yeltz five minutes later. However, Halesowen weren`t able to respond to Nathan Watson`s 78th minute third for Coalville.

Elsewhere, Marine AFC are just a point and a place above Halesowen after losing 3-0 at the Giant Axe to a Lancaster City side who are now tenth.

An early seventh minute Craig Carney goal gave the Dolly Blues the lead. But it wasn`t until the 66th minute that Sam Bailey was able to penetrate the Mariners defence again to double the hosts` lead. Two minutes later, Bailey repeated his feat to secure the points.

Follow us: @evostikleague on Twitter | Facebook

Where next?

Black: My heroes are back on track Ossett Town manager Grant Black has been hailing his side's character after they played for more than hour with ten men to beat Tadcaster Albion in the EVO-STIK League.
Pitch partners sponsor clubs event The Football Trade Directory is teaming up with the EVO-STIK League’s official pitch partners at Greenfields next week to stage a landmark networking event at Bolton’s Macron Stadium.

Match centre

Senior Premier Division
Senior South East Division
Senior North West Division

Latest photos

Worksop H lge 14-3-20
48 photos
Worksop H lge 14-3-20
Taddy Albion v Workington 2019 20
37 photos
Spalding v Chasetown 11/3/2020 Andrew Reed
10 photos

The BetVictor Northern Premier newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.